[Swift-devel] nightly builds and tests

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Jan 23 03:47:53 CST 2009

I noticed that the downloads page still contains links to 'nightly build
and test'.

In my mind, I abandoned nightly builds as a distribution mechanism a long
time ago, with their purpose being on code quality control rather than as
software distribution.

The reason for this is that my interactions with people who used to
download the nightly build almost always ended up with them subsequently
having a custom bugfix that they then wanted from SVN or a custom patch,
necessitating making a source build. That being the case, it makes more
sense to me that our single supported non-release mechanism should be
building from SVN.

So, I'd like to move away the build/test link from the download page to
some other page.