[Swift-devel] swift jobs hanging on ranger

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 21 15:34:52 CST 2009

>From the docs at http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/services/userguides/ranger/

Queue Name Max Runtime
(default) Max Procs SU Charge Rate Purpose
normal 24 hrs 4096 1 Normal Priority
large 24 hrs 12288 1 Large Core Count
development 2 hrs 256 1 development
serial 2 hrs 16 1 Large Jobs
Request 24 hrs 16384 1 Special Requests
systest -- -- -- System Testing

This would be consistent with the observed behavior if by default the
jobs go to "development" or "serial".