[Swift-devel] Re: [Swift-user] assigning file variables

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 27 09:21:33 CST 2009

On 2/27/09 9:06 AM, Ben Clifford wrote:

> There is much in place for easy debugging of dataflow-based hangs like
> this - previously, I've put effort into tightening the analysis so hangs
> don't happen, rather than into detecting and reporting hangs; and I'd like
> to continue in that trend (although at the moment, the next useful step
> there is to remove [index] based assignment entirely...)

I assume you meant "there is not much in place", and thats fine. Your
approach sounds good, lets see where it leads.

The question above leads to the interesting research topic of "how to
show the state of, and debug, concurrent functional programs". I suspect
theres some (much?) work on that out there.