[Swift-devel] code coverage of tests

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Feb 15 13:29:42 CST 2009

I just used EMMA, a code coverage tool, on the test suite. The results (in
html report) are here:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/tmp/coverage/index.html

I ran this to try to see what areas of the code aren't being tested at all
at the moment.

You'll need to have an understanding of the Swift source code in order to
understand this report.

This covers only the classes in 'cog-swift-svn.jar', where the code from
the Swift repository lives. It doesn't cover any of the other classes (for
example the CoG providers or karajan)

The report is for only the base fully automated tests, not per-site or
wonky tests.

For future reference, this is how I ran the tests:

 cd cog/modules/swift
 export CLASSPATH=/Users/benc/work/emma-2.0.5312/lib/emma.jar
 export COG_OPTS="-Demma.verbosity.level=quiet"
 java emma instr -cp dist/swift-svn/lib/cog-swift-svn.jar -m overwrite
 cd tests
 ./run
 cd ..
 java emma report -r html -sp src -in coverage.em -in coverage.ec
 open coverage/index.html