[Swift-devel] Status of coasters

Tim Freeman tfreeman at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 13 09:40:32 CST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:32:43 -0600
Mihael Hategan <hategan at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 09:23 -0600, Michael Wilde wrote:

> > > Not as much the amount of work, but:
> > > 1. getting root on sites (if installed for multiple users)
> >
> > I was thinking/hoping we could have a single setup script, which we'd
> > pre-install where required, that would configure and start a personal
> > WSRF container for the user. Which would be work for us to create,
> > install and maintain, but, if successful, would be transparent to the user.
>
> You need root to configure sudo.

Why would you need sudo for gram if it mapped to the same account?

> I also don't think you can easily automate the gt4 installation process.
> There's manual configuration that needs to be done. I suggest installing
> your own gt4 once to which I can submit jobs to get an idea of what's
> involved.

For non-gram, there's an auto script here:

    http://workspace.globus.org/vm/TP2.2/admin/quickstart.html#auto-container

The questions it asks users (is this the right hostname? etc) could also be
scripted.

Getting from there to GRAM4 auto-configuration should not be too much of a step
(the nimbus contextualization scripts have done it for gram4).

Tim