[Swift-devel] Rename versions of Globus commands in swift/bin?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Feb 12 03:31:09 CST 2009

Relevant to this thread, there is a build option:

  ant -Dno-supporting=true

(hurrah for more double negatives - should fix that too)

which makes a swift build without potentially conflicting commands.

I did this specifically to ease installation onto systems where a decent
grid stack is already deployed.

That goes a long way to solve the problem that motivated Mikes initial
mail (which was someone trying to install swift onto a system where a grid
stack is already deployed).

At the moment, that needs a source build, in order to get the build
option.

Release-mechanics-wise, it would be possible to put up a version with, and
a version without, the supporting material. I'm a little wary of making
more release combinations (I like the single one that we have), but
perhaps this is the correct thing to do. It also fits in nicely with the
pacman packaging that I experimented with in an earlier release and have
had no feedback for.