[Swift-devel] scheduler stuff for Google Summer of Code 2009

Ian Foster foster at anl.gov
Wed Feb 11 16:15:45 CST 2009

Mihael:

I don't know how to parse your comment.

If I write a program that performs a series of operations on many
files, involving 1M tasks during its execution, but with only 10,000
active at each step, why is that not interesting? Or are you re-
defining the problem to "have 1M tasks active at once"? That is a
useful thing to be able to do, I am sure, but that does not mean that
the former is not useful also.

Ian.