[Swift-devel] scheduler stuff for Google Summer of Code 2009

Tim Freeman tfreeman at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 11 16:12:34 CST 2009

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:34:33 -0600
Ian Foster <foster at anl.gov> wrote:

> UniCloud provides that functionality, too. I imagine there are others.

What Nimbus actually provides is much different, a generic virtual cluster
configuration engine that runs on VMs from either EC2 and Nimbus clouds or even
for clusters that span more than one.

There happens to be one instantiation of a cluster that has gram2 + Torque (it's
been around in some form for almost two years), but you can do anything (and
people have).

And it doesn't cost any extra money on top of what you pay EC2 (like UniCloud
would).

Tim