[Swift-devel] cpp

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Feb 5 08:38:06 CST 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> (By the way, I played with cpp as a way to #include swift library code.
> It worked well for a simple test; needs much more experimentation and
> testing. That or a similar approach looks promising).

GNU cpp is fairly explicit in its man page about not using it for
non-C-like source files. That's fine for hacking round with, but so is
/bin/cat.

Implementing some library system for Swift probably needs substantially
more consideration - there are issues like modular compilation of code
that are similar to other languages, as well as other more swift-specific
issues (for example, should opting to use a library bring along relevant
tc.data entries that are not usually defined?)