[Swift-devel] strange behavior evaluating function call as trace arg

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Feb 5 02:40:28 CST 2009

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> Yes, I am. I think it's reasonable to be able to use procedures with a
> return arity of one like that.

yes. I think beyond that it would be nice to lose the procedure/@function
distinction entirely. They used to be very different but as time passes
they get closer and closer to the same thing, so that pretty much the only
distinction at the moment is how they return their return value(s) and
that @functions can only return one value.

> Right. I'm aware of the nasty issue with this, but I think it's doable.

yes.

> I've started looking into it. If I don't get something in the next 8
> hours of Swift work, I'll drop it. I want it there because not having it
> is a bit unintuitive.

ok. let me know if you abandon it and I'll put it on my todo.