[Swift-devel] coasters paths (was Re: Coasters failing on Teraport - cant find Java?)

Allan Espinosa aespinosa at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 3 17:02:22 CST 2009

I also am having path problems in running coasters remotely.  This
time its looking for "curl" and "wget" (all are in /usr/bin)
logfile snippet:
Caused by: org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.task.TaskSubmissionException:
Could not submit job
Caused by: org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.task.TaskSubmissionException:
Could not start coaster service
Caused by: org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.task.TaskSubmissionException:
Task ended before registration was received.
STDOUT: No wget or curl available

using globus-job-run, it also does not find these binaries by default.
 using an "sh -l" gives me tty permission errors in ranger
[aespinosa at communicado ~]$ globus-job-run
gatekeeper.ranger.tacc.teragrid.org /usr/bin/which wget
/usr/bin/which: no wget in ((null))
[aespinosa at communicado ~]$ globus-job-run
gatekeeper.ranger.tacc.teragrid.org /bin/sh -l -c "which curl"
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device