[Swift-devel] precision of jobThrottle in sites.xml

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 7 20:00:59 CST 2009

Allan, your *throttle value* is off by one.

The formula is: nJobs = (jobThrottle*100)+1

So for 256 jobs you want to set it to 2.55

Mihael me be able to explain the rationale. I think it wasnt designed to
be directly set by users. But since it so frequently is, perhaps the
formula should be made simpler, or a nJobs parameter added.

- Mike