[Swift-devel] gridftp issue in running oops swift script on queenbee

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 4 11:18:11 CST 2009

Wenjun, can you try to run a simple script consisting of a single cat
command, to make it easy to see what Swift is doing on Queenbee?

It looks to me like something is acting strange in the interaction
between Swift and Queenbee's gridftp server.

Mihael: looking at the original logs I was perplexed to see that Swift
could create the remote directories but not remove them. Almost as if
the remove command was using a pathname that the grodftp server couldnt see.

Wenjun tried a manual globus-url-copy to what we thought was a very
similar path, and from the command line (with Swift's globus-url-copy)
it was able to fetch individual files. So it seems that his workdir is
visible to Queenbee's gridftp by what *seemed* like the expected path.

It would be interesting to try uberftp and see if dirs and files can be
removed. You'd need a host that has it; not sure if its in the teragrid
toolkit or not. Its in the OSG client stack. Maybe can download it
separately.

- Mike