[Swift-devel] Rough Swift Test Plan

Zhao Zhang zhaozhang at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 30 15:10:07 CDT 2009

Hi, All

I am starting to make a Swift test plan for its various features, so
that I could put this test into production: run it everyday or after new
feature is introduced.

1. Platforms:
    All OSG sites, All TG sites
    For OSG sites, Jing, Xi Li, Zhengxiong and Suchandra* *have
conducted lots of tests over OSG, I will ask them about which sites are
most testable. By testable, I mean we could run sample test without
waiting too long in the queue.
    For TG sites, I am waiting for the account approval to test on queen
bee, abe, and other machines. For now, I could test on ranger. Mike
Papka and Ti are helping us setting accounts on TG/ANL

2. Features
    We care about two features right now. swift-over-condorG and
swift-over-coaster-over-condorG.

3. Automation
    Mike mentioned a automatic test tool for many platforms called NMI
Test&Build. Ben, can we use the same system to do the tests on real grid
sites?

4. Sanity Check
    Before we start swift workflow test on, is there a way that we could
test if GT2 or GT4 are working there?

5. Test Case
    I would just use the cases we have now for coaster, might need some
other test case that could run for a longer time.

So far, I could only get the above thoughts, any comments and
corrections will be appreciated.
Thanks.

zhao