[Swift-devel] feature request

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 24 16:32:40 CDT 2009

On 4/24/09 4:25 PM, Mihael Hategan wrote:
> It does some things to overcome GRAM2 job manager overhead.
>
>>   Thats what I was asking Zhao to test.
>
> I think it's worth testing by itself, but not in combination with
> something that will slowly go away. It's up to you guys. I didn't want
> Zhao to waste his time.

Cool. Thats what I was asking him to test: the condor-g provider by itself.

So, Zhao, since we agree on this, go for it.

Since its a new feature, just added, there is no urgency to do it before
the Sunday release; you should start this as first thing next week, though.

Mihael, regarding the "slowly go away" part: thats where we need a
roadmap on what the stages are. I need to digest the information you
supplied earlier in the week at my urging, and you should set aside
time, once your current coding push is done, to do the same, and present
a coaster work roadmap.

Thanks,

Mike