[Swift-devel] Planning next set of Swift features and releases

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 22 09:05:04 CDT 2009

On 4/22/09 8:49 AM, Ian Foster wrote:
> Could we get feedback from users on the time it takes to do this, maybe
> even ask them to do it and report the time required?

Glen, comments?

> On Apr 22, 2009, at 4:55 AM, Ben Clifford wrote:
>
>>> Make sites & tc config easy/instant for osg, tg, local clusters
>>
>> that is too wishywashy a goal.

No, sorry - it is a real goal. It will get refined, but having worked
closely with many users, this is a very real impediment. Perhaps Glen
and Sarah can comment, as a user and user-liaison.

>> for osg, I am pleased with the present site generation stuff.

Its pretty close; I think it needs to be smarter about where the work
directory goes.

  my main
>> concern is that it does not generate tc.data entries for /bin/sh,
>> which is
>> how self-deployed apps are made at the moment. But this might be
>> addressed
>> either in the single-app-deployment or tc.data points above.

Yes.