[Swift-devel] More OOPS feature requests

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Apr 15 14:47:24 CDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> - handling long in/out file lists via a file to wrapper when they get to long
> (already offered on the list by Ben, so this seems doable. Should I file an
> bugzilla req for this?)

file an enahncement request in bugzilla for this. i think its
straightforward.

> - global variables: are these feasible and/or desirable in oops?
>
> The motivation for this particular case was to fetch the @arg values (4 to 6
> now, but growing) all in the "main" proc, but have their values available to
> several levels of deeper proc calls, without passing all the values down all
> the way.

That has bothered me in the past too. I think its fine to do - it doesn't
introduce the ickiness that global variable do because they're single
assignment (so really, global constants)

file an enahnement request for that too