[Swift-devel] Re: swift plot

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 13 09:02:07 CDT 2009

Cool - thanks.  Can you tell me (a) the incantation you used for this
and (b) if there are options to get "cooler" plots?

Maybe Ben can tell us (b).

For now, the plot that tells the main story is this one I think:
http://kff4.uchicago.edu/~ghocks/report-oops-20090412-0804-jbeux7s9/execstages.png

This plot is boring but "great" in the sense that it shows Swift quickly
at which time a "triangle" of idle time on the partition becomes available.

Would plots of the Ranger and of Abe/Qb/Ranger runs show something more
"interesting" (ie more color and jitter in the workload?)

- Mike