[Swift-devel] Is there a site count limit?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 10 12:00:26 CDT 2009

They are in ci:/home/wilde/oops.1063.2

I spotted the anomaly (if thats what it is) as below.

Also: we discussed on the list way way back how to get the swift
scheduler to send no more jobs to each "site" than there are cores in
that site (for this bgp/falkon case) so that jobs dont get committed to
busy sites while other sites have free cores.

In this run, we are trying to send 32K jobs to 32K cores.
Each of the 128 "sites" have 256 cores.

The #s below show about 19K of those jobs as having been dispatched to
32*256 = 8192 cores.

int$ grep JOB_START *nr3.log | awk '{print $19}' | sort | uniq -c

      24
     365 host=bgp000
     790 host=bgp001
     371 host=bgp002