[Swift-devel] Re: replication vs site score

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 9 12:59:55 CDT 2009

Mihael Hategan wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 10:32 -0700, Ioan Raicu wrote:
>

>>  If not, then I'd say that dynamic resource provisioning has to be
>> kept at jobs of a single node level,
>>

> That does not follow. The mutually-exclusive choices you are presenting
> are 1) no current support for block allocations, 2) single node
> allocations and you're missing 3) future support for block allocations.
> If (1) is false (2) is not the only alternative.

Remember, I said "if not", in other words, if Coaster does not support
this today, then (2) is your only alternative, unless you want to waste
many resources over time. Future support, obviously means that (2) will
not be the only alternative :)

Ioan Raicu, Ph.D.
Distributed Systems Laboratory
Computer Science Department