[Swift-devel] Imbalanced scheduling with coasters and multiple sites

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 7 06:09:15 CDT 2009

 >> The other few anomalies I saw I will ignore unless they happen
again, as
 >> I was using the bad 3/31 revision. This was things like starting a new
 >> service with some strange default max time ("01:41:00" or 101 minutes)
 >
 > Not strange. 101 = 10 * 10 + 1 or DEFAULT_MAXWALLTIME *
 > OVERALLOCATION_FACTOR + RESERVE.

I assumed 1:41 was derived from some formula. The unexpected behavior
here was that it looked like a job was submitted by coasters that
ignored the specified coasterWorkerMaxwalltime, after the initial jobs
honored it.

But again, the code base was suspect. I'll keep an eye out for it
happening again.