[Swift-devel] too many site initializations

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Apr 5 16:51:26 CDT 2009

vdl-int.k has this code, which I think is meant to make site
initialization happen only once per site (and have only one job in
initializing site shared directory progress ticker state).

                element(initSharedDir, [rhost]
                        once(list(rhost, "shared")
                                vdl:setprogress("Initializing site shared
directory")

However I see things like this:

Progress:  Selecting site:2932 Initializing site shared directory:102
Submitted:64 Active:69 Finished successfully:204

when I run with around 20 .. 30 OSG sites which suggests the onceness
isn't happening there.

Don't have time to investigate properly now but it seemed interesting to
comment on.