[Swift-devel] coaster status report

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Apr 4 17:15:00 CDT 2009

On 4/4/09 5:08 PM, Mihael Hategan wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 17:03 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
>> small clarification here -
>>
>> we had to turn away from range because the queue was gruesome.
>
> Yeah, but when it starts, it goooees.
>
> The beauty of multi-site runs (with replication enabled, which may or
> may not work properly) is that swift will make the best use of what's
> there.

Exactly. And I think Glen's group is eager to use it in exactly that way
  - send to TeraGrid and walk away, and not even bother manually
checking traffic and load etc.  Very promising.

OOPS seems to compile clean everywhere we have tried, including BGP and
Sicortex, and Glen has tested Zhengxiong's ADEM installer on OSG, where
he got it installed on 8 sites in a blink.

Glen is also working on a tgsites command that gens a correct
user-specific sites.xml for TG, so ADEM and general use for both grids
is within reach.

Its all coming together very nice.