[Swift-devel] lots of very small files vs gridftp

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Sep 30 19:56:54 CDT 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> This reminds me of clustering of jobs we did initially with swift
> versus Falkon.

yes. its half a cut-and-paste job of that code.

> Could the untar job be done with fork straight through gram?

yes. though my feeling at the moment when there is something like coasters
around with spare nodes is that this wouldn't change much. In the case of
non-coaster runs using something like gram4 that can still take a
reasonable number of jobs, getting the untar pushed ahead of queued 'work'
jobs is probably good.