[Swift-devel] status files

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Sep 26 19:49:14 CDT 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008, Ben Clifford wrote:

> > I do not believe that the grain in performance is worth making the code
> > more complex than it needs to be, but it may be worth a try.
>
> I'm not particularly convinced either way, but hopefully I can get some
> numbers that show one way or the other.

On my rough mockup of the cnari application, it looks like this doesn't
really have much effect when running 1000 jobs at the load I'm getting.

It might be interesting to try on falkon+gpfs on the BG/P at Argonne,
where some of the worker node wrapper logs suggest that a bunch of time is
being consumed by status file munging.