[Swift-devel] swift+glite

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Sep 10 08:33:14 CDT 2008

added swift-devel because they might be interested.

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Michael Wilde wrote:

> The Swift-glite integration is of interest for Uri's work as well. Do
> you know how much work that will be to do, and support? Or how much it
> would take ot find out?

I interacted with Emidio Giorgio at INFN about this. It sounds like mostly
the existing GT2 code will work; glite sites apparently have no cluster
shared fs so some fiddling will be necessary there (that I'm working on at
the moment) but this is generally in a direction that I think is useful
anyway. voms proxies are also apparently necessary, but the pacman
packaging that I did the other month (referred to by swift bug 146) can
provide that too.

So I'm going to play with this for a few days and see what happens.