[Swift-devel] lots of very small files vs gridftp

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Oct 6 00:09:34 CDT 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> I was mostly thinking about the conceptual part and the implications. At
> least for small jobs, Falkon turned out to be the better option.

The ahead-of-time clsutering code always seemed to be a bit buggy and I
never saw it used with much success. So I don't really have any
quantitative performance comparison between that and running something
like falkon/coasters. I'm pretty convinced that the falkon/coaster
appraoch is better for job dispatch, but I have no numeric data from
actual real application executions.