[Swift-devel] Falkon history log plot, March 2008 - August 2008

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Sat Oct 4 15:17:43 CDT 2008

Hi all,
I managed to create a small program that parsed all my saved logs that I
had since March (probably not 100% complete), and created a summary plot
of the Falkon tasks and allocated number of CPUs (every point on the
plot corresponds to a 15 min average).  You can see this plot at:
http://dev.globus.org/wiki/Image:Falkon-logs-history-03-08-to-08-08.jpg.

There were probably more logs (that date back to early 2007), but many
were deleted long ago to save space in routine cleanup.  For example,
the 6 months worth of raw logs in this plot consume about 30GB of disk
space. Also, some of the older logs had different log formats, so even
if I had some of the older logs, they were likely skipped as they didn't
conform to the log format the simple parser was programmed to parse.

I will be at SC08 in Austin Texas in November for the entire week, so if
anyone wants to meet to discuss Falkon, or anything related to Falkon,
let me know.

Cheers,
Ioan

Ioan Raicu