[Swift-devel] could swift use return code from falkon as a success notification?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Oct 3 06:27:03 CDT 2008

> There you go. You have "." in you classpath, and you're running swift
> from ~/swift/etc which contains a bogus vdl-int.k

That's hit someone before, maybe Nika when she was trying to use falkon?

> 1. Swift/cog launchers using a pre-existing CLASSPATH has so far caused
> only problems and I have never heard of anybody having a legitimate use
> for this behavior (which may be because people don't complain if they
> don't have a problem). So I'm thinking of removing that. Any opinions?

I was thinking very similar about SWIFT_HOME yesterday, which similarly
appears to only have use in screwing up installations.

CLASSPATH would have use if people started trying to do link/run time
directory. But that doesn't happen.

I think I'm happy with both of those being ignored from the calling
environment, or at least a stern warning being given or both.