[Swift-devel] Re: karajan futures and getfieldvalue/setfieldvalue

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Nov 17 09:06:22 CST 2008

Elaborating on my rather terse reply yesterday:

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> Maybe you're synchronizing on the wrong thing there? I'd try value
> instead of value.getRoot().

I've been fiddling elsewhere with locking in order to fix up some
deadlocks I ended up getting - synchronizing on the root of structures
instead of on pieces of that is something I've been playing with.

> That's a suspicion. I'll have to check though. Do you have the complete
> set of patches?

The patch I sent is sufficient to apply to Swift HEAD to demonstrate the
bug without needing anything else - I have a large patchset with a lot of
other stuff going on, but this patch is enough for me to get this
happening without other patches applied.