[Swift-devel] Re: coaster->tg-ncsa

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri May 23 11:50:11 CDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> Odd. Attributes should be copied from the original task. I'll look into
> that.

They almost were - a prototype task specification gets passed all the way
into WorkerManager.buildSpecification, at which point it is promptly
entirely ignored.

In CoG r2024, I added a loop there to copy attributes and now I can submit
to TG sites with the project profile entry correctly propagated, using
this jobManager="gt2:gt2:pbs"

Perhaps it should also copy environment variables - I haven't thought
about that much.

(I also tried jobManager="gt4:pbs" but I get a null pointer exception
there still that I am investigating some more)