[Swift-devel] Re: restart variable scoping.

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri May 23 09:13:00 CDT 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> > So describe the location within the labeleld variable too.
>
> No, not that. I'm talking about iteration variables, not the ones being
> logged.

ok.

If you use the iteration index, that is always a basic type.

At the SwiftScript layer, that index identifies the scope of variables in
the loop body (wrt the containing scope) that makes sense for SwiftScript;
that is, local variable t in iteration index 5 of a foreach will always be
the "same variable", no matter when the karajan layer goes to execute that
code block. I think.

I don't see any other immediately obvious way that is significantly
different that does that kind of identification; and I think that kind of
identification is necessary if doing variable-name based restarts.