[Swift-devel] proper way to run swift on resource using condor?

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 21 15:06:13 CDT 2008

On May 21, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Stuart Martin wrote:

> Looking at the kit registrations for remote compute kits, purdue has
> WS GRAM (version 4.0.1 very old) registered.  But maybe it is not
> running.  Seems the kit registration should only say a version.
> Then the actual contact information (host:port/service path) should
> be only be listed when the container is up running.  I think JP has
> made the latest remote compute kit available that includes WS GRAM
> from 4.0.7 + an rft patch.  So we should ask Purdue to install
> that.  Does that make sense JP?

Kit service information is not how we communicate transient up/down
status.
We have the Inca system for that. Part of the kit registration
information
is a StatusURL that will take you to an Inca page that does show the
current
monitored status of each service in the kit.

I would expect Purdue plans to deploy the new 4.0.7 services, but it
wouldn't
hurt to let them know that you'd like for them to do so.