[Swift-devel] gram4 detecting own host identity

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 19 14:59:50 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 13:18 +0000, Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Mon, 19 May 2008, Ben Clifford wrote:
>
> > >  then GLOBUS_HOSTNAME=HOSTNAME
>
> > However, if this is a better way to do it on average than Java can do in
> > real life deployments, then it is probably what should happen.
>
> This happens as of swift r1981, in the script wrapper that wraps the JVM
> invocation.

I reverted that because it was changing GLOBUS_HOSTNAME after the
OPTIONS were updated with GLOBUS_HOSTNAME, so it wasn't doing much.

JGlobus looks at two properties when trying to figure the hostname out:
"GLOBUS_HOSTNAME" first, and then "hostname". So I made the cog script
templates do the hostname thing (cog r2022).