[Swift-devel] gram4.2 and swift

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed May 7 19:53:01 CDT 2008

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> There's also the option of compile-time selection, though that would
> prevent one from having both 4.0 and 4.2 services being used in the same
> run.

That is undesirable to me - it puts a flag-day in place, that being the
day we choose to favour 4.2 over 4.0 in our releases.

On the other hand, I would guess it is unlikely that 4.2 will see
appreciable deployment in production settings in the immediate future, so
this isn't something that needs sorting right away.