[Fwd: Re: [Swift-devel] Re: swift-falkon problem... plots to explain plateaus...]

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Mar 25 22:54:44 CDT 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Michael Wilde wrote:

> also will leave the (tiny) job output on /tmp for later aggregation
> (will have some swift questions on that).

Note that swift doesn't have any concept of non-shared filesystem
management at the moment - if you want to keep files on a worker-local
file system that is not accessible to the entire site, Swift doesn't have
any way of getting a job to run somewhere where it can access that same
filesystem.

We've talked about worker-local storage management before and agreed that
it was both and long and hard thing to make happen.

So its interesting to see your experiences in this field, but its probably
very out of scope for any imminent develoment work.