[Swift-devel] Re: Question of wrapper.sh

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Mar 10 01:23:47 CDT 2008

The user guide has a section on properties that you can configure - in
here,
http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/guides/userguide.php#engineconfiguration
pretty much anything with the word 'throttle' in it.

If you give me the .log files for runs, I can look at what the rate
control stuff is doing.

In the past day or so, I've reduced throttle.score.job.factor
substantially, to be more appropriate for GRAM2 submission - I suspect for
something like Falkon you should make it much higher. It used to be 4
(which means 402 jobs executing at once maximum), but is now 0.2 (20 jobs
at once maximum). For Falkon on a large number of CPUs, you probably want
to make that higher (maybe number of CPUs divided by about 30)