[Swift-devel] mpi on swift

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Jun 29 15:30:55 CDT 2008

There is periodic talk of running MPI programs through swift, including
some projects expressing desire to do that and some people playing round
trying to.

I propose that I spend about a week gathering together experiences from
anyone who has actually tried to do it (I suspect there will not be much
there); figure out myself how to get some basic MPI stuff running in
simple situations through swift; write some documentation about such
situations; and figure out what cannot be done at the moment that would be
useful to address.