[Swift-devel] [VOTE] Mike to be dev.globus project chair

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 18 10:35:49 CDT 2008

Im sending this out for committers to vote as I indicated in the proposal.

If the proposal needs discussion please reply to the proposal thread.

The vote closes at 5:00 PM CDT today, June 18.

Please respond with one of:
+1 The action should be performed.
+0 Abstain - I support the action.
-0 Abstain, I don't support the action but I can't help with an alternative
-1 The action should not be performed and I am offering an explanation
or alternative.

Thanks,

Mike

--- Proposal text below ---

dev.globus is still waiting to hear from us who will be chair.

I propose that I remain project chair and that we signify agreement (or
not) by a vote, which will follow this email.

We did not vote on chair (or anything else) when we initially joined
dev.globus. I propose we do so now.

dev.globus defines the chair role as:

"Each Globus project is required to name a project Chair via some
process defined by the project's Committers. A project Chair has no
enhanced authority, but has certain responsibilities relative to the
function of the Globus Alliance. Specifically:
* The Chair should generate, on or before March 31st, June 30th,
September 30th, and December 31st of each year, reports concerning the
activities of  the project during the past quarter, its current status,
and future plans.
*The Chair is responsible for forwarding to the Globus infrastructure
group requests to add or delete Committers for the project."