[Swift-devel] execution.retries

lixi at uchicago.edu lixi at uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 11 14:57:42 CDT 2008

>Look how many lines there are in the log like this:
>
>2008-06-10 10:48:03,137-0500 INFO  vdl:initshareddir START
>host=OSG_LIGO_MIT
>
>followed closely by:
>
>2008-06-10 10:48:03,196-0500 DEBUG TaskImpl Task
(type=FILE_OPERATION,
>identity=u
>rn:0-1-701-1-1213112750531) setting status to Failed
>org.globus.cog.abstraction.
>impl.file.IrrecoverableResourceException: Error
communicating with the
>GridFTP server

I'm sorry to turn to the old question and ask again. But I'm
still confused about it. Both of you said that these lines
mean different retries. However among these lines in the log
file, there is no site selection action which is represented
by "WeightedHostScoreScheduler Sorted". Then I wonder what
would be included in one try. One try just means trying to
do the same operation to the same site or selecting next site
(may be another one or the same one) to do the same
operation. In log file, what kind of expression implies the
beginning or end of one try?

Thanks,

Xi