[Swift-devel] execution.retries

lixi at uchicago.edu lixi at uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 11 10:10:50 CDT 2008

>> How about restricting the same job to be resubmitted to
the
>> same site after an exception. Because I suspect the
similar
>> thing would happen after replication is enabled (of
course,
>> just my assumption). Let's imagine, if all other sites
are
>> overloaded. Would be a copy job submitted to the same
>> unresponsive site?
>
>Replication won't happen if a job fails.

I'm not saying that a job fails. I think that replicas of
job would be submitted after a time threshold because the
original job is still not finished. But this might not means
that job necessarily fails. In this case, the replica would
be possibly submitted to the same site as the original job.