[Swift-devel] execution.retries

lixi at uchicago.edu lixi at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 10 14:51:33 CDT 2008

>It's taking a guess at when the site will recover and when
other sites
>will be available. I don't think there's a way to know.
Which is why it
>probably should be as exponential as possible.

How about restricting the same job to be resubmitted to the
same site after an exception. Because I suspect the similar
thing would happen after replication is enabled (of course,
just my assumption). Let's imagine, if all other sites are
overloaded. Would be a copy job submitted to the same
unresponsive site?

This idea just came into my mind suddenly, if it doesn't
make sense, forget it.

Xi