[Swift-devel] execution.retries

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Jun 10 12:09:54 CDT 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, lixi at uchicago.edu wrote:

> However during the execution, the site's score could be
> decreased into negative one which would erase at lease 2
> jobs limit?

There are two ways of expressing the site score. One can range from
-infinity to +infinity (approximately). Call this 'score'.

This is then scaled using a complex formula to a value ranging between 2
and the maximum allowed onto that site - this number is then used to
determine how many jobs can run at once on a site.

As the first score goes to -infinity, the second score goes down to 2, but
no lower.

Look in
cog/modules/karajan//src/org/globus/cog/karajan/scheduler/WeightedHost.java

let T = 100
let B = 2.0 * log(T) / pi
let C = 0.2
let tscore = e^(B * atan(C * score))
let number-of-jobs = 2 + (jobThrottle * tscore)

I think that by editing the definition of isOverloaded() in that file, you
can vary the behaviour (Mihael might comment if that is actually the
method used to determine whether we can submit to a site or not)