[Swift-devel] [VOTE] Release Swift 0.6 rc1 as Swift 0.6

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Jun 10 05:07:40 CDT 2008

This thread is for voting whether Swift 0.6 rc1 should be released as the
Swift 0.6 release.

The guidelines state that this vote should be held "once the release
manager determines that testing is complete". Given the relatively
informal nature of our previous release testing, I'm calling this vote
immediately after putting the release candidate up.

This vote is a 'majority approval' vote.

Three +1 votes, and more +1 votes than -1 votes are required for this
release to happen.

Because this is a public release, the vote is not lazy - actual +1 votes
are required, rather than silence.

By voting +1 on a release vote, you agree to provide ongoing support for
this release while it is current (which I guess means until 0.7 comes
out).

By voting +1 on a vote regarding product code, you assert that you have
tested the action on your own equipment.

The results of this vote will appear in ~120 hours from now.