[Swift-devel] [VOTE] 0.6 release plan

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Jun 8 11:52:56 CDT 2008

I will be the release manager for Swift 0.6.

I'm going to make a release candidate for 0.6 early next week (sometime
within the next three days), and hope to release that as 0.6 proper next
weekend (maybe 6 days from now).

I'm hoping to have a single release candidate, with minor bugs being noted
and fixed in 0.7 rather than causing a new release candidate.

I'm planning on announcing coasters and replication as experimental
features which we encourage interested parties to experiment with and
report their experiences.

I'm also planning on making the release under the dev.globus public
release guidelines.

There will be no repository freeze for this release.

This release plan is subject to 'Lazy Majority' approval, which means that
this plan is automatically approved until/unless someone votes -1. So
pretty much you do not need to vote +1 until/unless someone votes -1. If
you wish to vote -1, it appears that you should vote -1 specifically for
the issues that you disagree with rather than the plan as a whole.