[Swift-devel] Re: scheduler foo

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 05:54:45 CDT 2008

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> A bug in the monitor which prevented the overloaded count from being
> properly updated. I fixed that and ran all the tests locally, which
> seems to work.

This seems better, though in process of testing with provider-wonky I've
seem some behaviour that looks a little suspicious - I'm not sure if that
was caused by me poking round with debugging or not, though. More later.

I put two tests in misc/ that you need to have compiled
-Dwith-provider-wonky to run, called wonky.sh and wonky80.sh

These run single-site local tests with 90% and 80% success rate of jobs.
The 90% test usually finishes fine, which is good.

The 80% one gets long delays; sometimes I think because of legitimate long
delays caused by the scheduler slowing down, but I think sometimes caused
by some race condition making the single site be ignored forever.