[Swift-devel] Problems running coaster

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 28 11:52:39 CDT 2008

On 7/28/08 9:31 AM, Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Michael Wilde wrote:
>
>> Yes. Just *before* I tried abe with coasters, I did a simple globus-job-run to
>> its pbs jobmanager. That worked fine.
>
> try submitting with the following changes to sites.xml:
>
>  1. not using coasters, instead using the gt2 provider
>  2. not specifying tg allocation in sites.xml

Using globus-job-run I see that only 1 account is valid.

globus-job-run works to jobmanager-pbs, both with and without a -p
option specifying the valid account.

Swift using the gt2 provider also works with and without the valid
account specified in sites.xml as a globus profile.

Swift and the coaster provider with gt2:gt2:pbs fails both without the
valid account (it gets the same "This node is in dedicated user mode"
message)

In terms of sites.xml:

This fails (using coaster provider):

<config>
<pool handle="abe" >
   <execution provider="coaster" url="grid-abe.ncsa.teragrid.org"
jobManager="gt2:gt2:pbs" />
   <gridftp url="gsiftp://gridftp-abe.ncsa.teragrid.org"/>
   <workdirectory>/u/ac/wilde/swiftwork</workdirectory>
</pool>
</config>

This works (using gt2 provider):

<config>
<pool handle="abe">
   <jobmanager universe="vanilla"
url="grid-abe.ncsa.teragrid.org/jobmanager-pbs" major="2"/>
   <gridftp url="gsiftp://gridftp-abe.ncsa.teragrid.org"/>
   <workdirectory>/u/ac/wilde/swiftwork</workdirectory>
</pool>
</config>

I will try the same to a different TG site (starting with UC).