[Swift-devel] NCSA-hg servers

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 28 12:44:02 CDT 2008

I see that on mercury you specified gt2-gridftp-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org (in
the sample test sites file) but did not specify alternate port 2812 as
the TG siteinfo for that system suggests:

GridFTP Host Name (Globus 4.0)  	gridftp-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org
GridFTP Port (Globus 4.0) 	2811
GridFTP Host Name (Globus 2.4.3) 	gt2-gridftp-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org
GridFTP Port (Globus 2.4.3) 	2812

Yet gridftp seems to work as you have it: gt2-gridftp-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org

When I tried gridftp-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org, it worked the first time,
although with an unexpected lengthy delay (seemed about 15-30 seconds)
but when I retried the same command I got the cert error below.

Did you follow up with TG on this to determine the right settings, or
whether they have a server problem, or just left set at whatever worked
first?

If the latter, I will follow up with TG help to see what the state of
that system's grid servers is supposed to be.

Its also possible that the recurring cert problem on communicado has
recurred again.

- Mike

communicado$ globus-url-copy
gsiftp://gridftp-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org/etc/group file:///tmp/mwt1
communicado$ globus-url-copy
gsiftp://gridftp-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org/etc/group file:///tmp/mwt1

error: globus_ftp_control: gss_init_sec_context failed
globus_gsi_gssapi: Error with GSI credential
globus_sysconfig: Could not find a valid trusted CA certificates directory
globus_sysconfig: Error getting password entry for current user: Error
occured for uid: 1031
communicado$ globus-url-copy
gsiftp://gridftp-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org/etc/group file:///tmp/mwt1

communicado$ head /tmp/mwt1
communicado$ globus-url-copy
gsiftp://gt2-gridftp-hg.ncsa.teragrid.org/etc/group file:///tmp/mwt1
communicado$ head /tmp/mwt1
root:x:0:
bin:x:1:daemon
daemon:x:2: