[Swift-devel] mystery runs on ucanl & ncsa--warning very long email, sorry!

skenny at uchicago.edu skenny at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 24 18:30:35 CDT 2008

---- Original message ----
swift-devel at ci.uchicago.edu

>On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 18:20 -0500, skenny at uchicago.edu wrote:
>> >
>> >Can you give me more details about "new site"?
>>
>> no, it's a secret ;)
>>
>> heh, it's bigred at IU, his jobs are sitting in the q. i
>> haven't had a chance to peek and see if it's legitimately a
>> long q or if something else is up. it IS very full,
>
>Lack of free nodes will probably also prevent Swift from
running jobs
>there.

oh, i thought swift could generate nodes magically ;) what i
meant was, we had an issue on ranger where things sat in the q
indefinitely and it turned out to be the redirection of stdout
(which you helped me solve) that was holding it up and not the
fact that the q was very full (though it was).