[Swift-devel] Question for running swift with 2 psets on BGP

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 22 15:17:34 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 15:05 -0500, Zhao Zhang wrote:
> Hi, Mihael
>
> I run a sleep_10x512 workload with swift + falkon on BGP. Swift send all
> tasks to the first pset,  but never to the second.
> The plotted log are at
> http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~zzhang/report-sleep-20080722-1456-3fnc42b1/

It looks to me that jobs are sent to both sites. I'm looking at the
scheduler scores graph and the "execute2 tasks coloured by site" graph.

The sites/success table seems broken a bit. It lists more jobs ending
than the total number of jobs. I suspect, given that in this case the
names of the sites overlap, that the count is done using a substring
search which, again, in this case, will always match for the first site
(i.e. "bgps" < "bgps1").